Emily
Even though I am in the middle of my zillion hour 2 week work stretch, I have managed to have a little fun. My mom got the kiddos yesterday since I was working all weekend and Trey left for Florida this morning. Trey and I were able to go on a date last night, which a rare happening. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, PF Changs. We didn't venture too far away from home because of the bad weather. We shared the restaurant with about 50 prom goers. I was enjoying the fashion show as the girls made their way to the restroom, in groups of 3 or more of course!! Trey and I did not go to our Proms together so we had a chance to talk about ours. Not a subject that comes up often. Just as we were leaving, the weather got ominous. We were about to our car when we noticed what looked like a tornado. We quickly got in the car, and just as we did, lightening struck a nearby power pole, sparks flew and all the power went out in the area. And then the hail came. Trey drove as fast as he could without breaking the windshield. Once we got home, we turned on the weather channel (The Weather Channel headquarters is about 3 blocks from where we ate) and they confirmed that was a tornado! Fortunately it never touched the ground. But sleep was off and on last night as the thunder rolled and the tornado alarm went off in our city at 2 am. But that went around us, thankfully. I am so thankful for the time Trey and I got to spend together. With our schedules, we rarely get that. He is still the love of the my life.

Tonight, after I got off work I met Cami for dinner. I didn't go to the girls night out last night because I wanted to hang out with Trey. Cami and I went to a habachi grill to celebrate her birthday. Once again, there was a parade of Prom couples. Cami and I decided next year we were going to dress up in old formals and go out on prom night too. The kids will wonder who the two old ladies are whose out of style dresses are too tight! Then Cami suggested we have an EA prom night! It would be fun! After dinner, she and I went shoe shopping in mall....felt like I was 13 again. The mall on a Saturday night....yikes. It was great fun talking and hanging out. I feel like we have been friends forever!

I do miss my kids though. Life just isn't the same without them near. I am going to pick them up tomorrow after work. I can't wait!
0 Responses

Post a Comment