Cami
What an emotional roller coaster the past few days have been. I definitely am emotionally drained. I'm glad that it is the weekend and that the waters have calmed down. On Thursday I took Lacey to her first modeling open casting call. Of course she was her cute sweet self and they loved her and asked her to come back for a callback the next day. We left the casting call and got home when I received a phone call from my Momma. They were on their way to the doctors because my dad had hurt himself pretty badly. I met them at the doctors to pick up Gracie Bear from them. When I saw my daddy my heart sank. He was as pale as he could be, white as a ghost and was in a fog. Just not himself. Not my daddy. It scared me. I went in with them to the doctors for a few minutes and then left to take the girls home. Once we were home my Momma called me and said that the doctor was so concerned about him that they were going to have an ambulance come get him to transport him to the ER at Kennestone Hospital. I called Josh and he came home from work and we left to go meet my parents at the ER. Apparently what had happened is that my dad and another guy from the church were working around the church. My dad was mowing the yard. He decided to move the picnic tables with a dolly like he has done many times before. He moved the first one. Then went to move the second one and some how something happened (we're not sure cause my dad can't remember it) and it got unbalanced and knocked my dad over. He landed on his left side on the concrete and then the picnic table fell on top of him hitting him in the temple and right side of his face. We are so thankful that Roy was there. He didn't see it happen but heard the commotion and was able to go over and get the table off of my daddy. Once in the ER I was able to go back to the room with my parents. My daddy looked MUCH better and had more color in his face because they put an IV with fluids in him. The staff at Kennestone was absolutely amazing and took such great care of my daddy. They took him for a catscan and thankfully it came back all clear and they said that he could be discharged. My daddy has many bumps, bruises and scrapes as well as a really sore back and head. But, we are so thankful that there was serious injury. It really could've turned out much worse. The Lord definitely was protecting my daddy that day!

On Friday it was an emotional day as well at work. I was exhausted from being drained from the day before with my daddy. Then a job that I thought I was going to get at work fell through. Now mind you, I had been praying about this job for several months and had told the Lord that if it wasn't his will to shut the door. So when it didn't work out I was okay with that decision. However, there were other circumstances involved that made it so disappointing and broke my heart. I really wanted the job. I know I would've done a great job with the job. Oh well. Their loss. The Lord obviously has something even better in store for me. So now I stand and wait for Him to show me what that is. I know what my heart wants, but, just waiting to see if He'll open that door. Anyway, I took Lacey to her call back after work. They did a test photo shoot to see how she would do in front of the lights and camera. The little girl before her would not stop crying and wouldn't smile for the camera. They kept trying and trying but she just kept crying. Then they called Lacey and they wanted me to put her in the bouncy seat. She was smiling at them before I even got her in the seat. They didn't have to take very many pictures because she was just so happy and cute as could be. They said that she did an awesome job. Now we'll just wait to see if we hear something. :-)

Today, I'm hanging out with Lacey. We're about to head out and finish up some Mother's Day shopping for her grandma's. Josh and Echoing Angels are in Canton filming some acoustic tunes for a video. Then later on tonight we're going to have dinner with some friends of ours to celebrate our friend Stefanie's birthday. Should be a fun night.

Then tomorrow, looking forward to celebrating my first mother's day! :-) Very excited!
0 Responses

Post a Comment